Windwoodtrader
You seem to generally use an 8 month or so time period for your graphic presentations. I note that the Slo Stochastic setting for this is %K(5), %D(1), and for your 1 hour graphics you use 6-7 weeks with the Slo Stochastics at %K(14), %D(1).

The 1 minute on the other hand uses a time frame of 4 days and %K(400), %D(1) while for a 15 minute graphic you use a two week time frame and a Slo Stochastic setting of %K(144), %D(1).

I have been attempting to design my own settings based on yours and am confused by which settings to use on different occasions and just why that is.

Can you enlighten me please?
Quote 0 0
AbovetheGreenLine
The idea is to have all time frames cycle from Green to Red Zones together.

Not perfect, just "ball park".

Good trading, and tell your friends!
Quote 0 0
mil0308
Hello,

I'm not sure if I understand the answer above. What settings do you recommend for Slow Stochastics? Should I use the settings listed by Windwoodtrader above?
Quote 0 0
AbovetheGreenLine
The back test for Short Term Trading has had best overall results as:

Slow Stoch 60-min   14.1

Slow Stoch Daily        5,1

Slow Stoch Weekly     5,1

Stronger or weaker Markets can cause these values to not work as well for all situations.

Experiment on paper, find the values best for you, then FOLLOW THEM.

Quote 1 0
Windwoodtrader
Thanks, Greenie!

For the sake of others I have been experimenting with different settings for my scalp charts. 

I find these are good fits for a given time period:

5 Minute     40, 1
10 Minute   50, 1
2 Hour        20, 1

Auto refresh for 60 seconds gives one a very clear direction. MACD of 12, 26, 9 as a conviction tool. along with RSI, 20.

Windwoodtrader
Quote 0 0
AbovetheGreenLine
Nice work WindWood!

Yes, Auto-refresh on your Browser is great...

Thanks!
Quote 0 0