als
It seems like you have late buy/sell signals sometimes. You may say something like- sell BVN at today's close. That message may not come to me until after 3:30 ET and I do not have time to react. So I sell in the morning. On your closed positions, you recorded a loss of about 1.1% for BVN. By the time I sold, there was a loss of about 8%. Is there a way you can give more timely buy sell signals? If you send a buy sell signal at 3:40, that is too late for me to react. I am not sitting by my computer waiting for a signal from you at that time. Some of us work full time. But, It you were to give a buy sell signal by, let's say, 3 pm ET an hour before the close, that would give me 30 minutes to review your signals and take action ahead of the close. At 12:55, CDE has lost over 9% but I do not see a sell signal. Did it not hit a stop loss?

If we miss making a trade by 3:30 pm, is it best to place the order for the open at 9:30 am or best to wait 30-45 minutes to let the market settle? Sometimes a stock may shoot up or down at the opening bell and then settle back down a couple of percentage points at about the 30-45 minute mark.

It seems that my losses are always a lot greater than yours. I am sure it has to do with when you send out your buy sell signals and if I have time to react. If I could be looking for your buy sell signals at a certain time, like 10 am or 3 pm, I can act more quickly and not have to wait for a stock to tank further before I can make a trade. Holding overnight can be deadly on a tanking stock trade. 

Thanks.
Quote 0 0
AbovetheGreenLine
Thank you for your comments.

The Rules need to be clarified... there are 3 Sell Stop Categories after an Investment has been bought.

1. Immediately after Buy, place Sell Stop below the recent "Swing Low" (Support).

2. After the Money Wave > 50, if it is going to CLOSE below where you Bought it, GET OUT!

3. When the Money Wave > 80, if it is going to CLOSE below the Pink Line (10-day avg.) GET OUT!

Please keep the Current Open Positions link handy (it is in your emails, and on the menu of web site).

This link is now Color Coded... THE STOP LOSS column is kept current... It Row is Yellow or Red, EXIT if it is 
going to CLOSE below that value.

We are working on a System to implement this into the Intra-day emails.

Thank you.

Positions.JPG 

Good trading, and tell your friends!
Quote 0 0
jrjoe
This will be a most welcome  additional when you implement this....at the present it is very clumsy to know what positions we are in and where the stop should be placed.
Quote 0 0
als
Admin, The way I see your trading recommendations is that the best time to implement the buy or sell calls is before the closing bell. By the next morning things can tank further. The problem is I get your email telling me to buy or sell at about 3:40 pm ET, 20 minutes before the close. That gives me no time to react before the close. BVN was a perfect example. I received your buy recommendation about 3:40 pm and could not buy until the next day. By then it had gone up a few points. A couple of days later when you issued a sell recommendation about the same time of day, I could not sell quick enough. So, by the time I sold the next morning, it was already down about 6-7%. You recorded a loss of about -1.1% and I recorded a loss of about -8-9%.

I am just suggesting that you get out the emails and enter your recommendations on your site around 3 pm ET. That will give us time to react and not have to wait until the next morning.

I guess I could not wait for you to issue a formal buy or sell signal. I could just keep an eye on your on deck stocks and buy when they go above 20. And I could keep an eye on any stock in the red zone and sell if they go below the red zone or below the 10DMA. The problem is sometimes you issue buy and sell recommendations that differ from these rules. You may not buy as soon as a stock goes above the 20 line because you see some weakness there that I don't. Or you often say it has gone up already too fast so you hold. On the sell side, sometimes you will issue a sell signal right after a stock has popped and do not wait to see if it has room to run. I like to closely follow your professional advice but I can't because I don't get the email or online recommendation in a timely manner. It makes a big difference of several percentage points up and down.

Thanks for your site. I think it has potential.

Alan
Quote 0 0
jrjoe
The criteria is the issue must CLOSE above the red zone...so today a buy signal was received 30min before the close to add BABA....on my phone, I received the alert...that is dang good.....so I bought 1000 S of BABA and with a SL set at...105.04.

Does sound right AGL ?
Quote 0 0
als
PBR is a good example of "breaking the rules" where a sell signal is made before the stock falls below the pink line. I am sure you are trying to lock in profits due to a pop up. But without a timely sell signal early enough so we can act before the close, I would have not sold due to the stock still being above the 10 Day pink line. I don't mind if you need to break the rules to lock in a nice profit. All I am saying is I need that sell signal to reach my email well before the close, like around 3 pm ET so I have time to react. 3:40 is too late.
Quote 0 0
AbovetheGreenLine
jrjoe wrote:
The criteria is the issue must CLOSE above the red zone...so today a buy signal was received 30min before the close to add BABA....on my phone, I received the alert...that is dang good.....so I bought 1000 S of BABA and with a SL set at...105.04.

Does sound right AGL ?

Well actually, a Buy Signal is Closing Above the Green Zone (>20 on the Money Wave or Slow Stochastic).

See Chart below:   Also scroll through these "real time" Charts of Watch List & Open Positions.

BABA.png
Quote 0 0
AbovetheGreenLine
als wrote:
PBR is a good example of "breaking the rules" where a sell signal is made before the stock falls below the pink line. I am sure you are trying to lock in profits due to a pop up. But without a timely sell signal early enough so we can act before the close, I would have not sold due to the stock still being above the 10 Day pink line. I don't mind if you need to break the rules to lock in a nice profit. All I am saying is I need that sell signal to reach my email well before the close, like around 3 pm ET so I have time to react. 3:40 is too late.

Most followers are more concerned about timely Buy Signals before the Close.. Normally the Sell Rules are constant. If we send out Money Wave Buys an hour before the Close, that leaves too much time for the Investment to possibly reverse and Fail to have a Buy Signal.

We are eager for a solution... Currently our Logic is for you to Scroll through the first Page of these   "real time" Charts to see potential Buy Signals. Also READ THE TEXT below each Chart (which should be today's date).  Comments are updated during the day.

Also keep your email handy for these links:  Watch List and Open Positions

Does this make sense?
Quote 0 0
als
Admin. Yes makes sense. Thanks for your good advice and responsiveness to subscribers.
Quote 0 0
Bilgerat
Admin, How about sending out a text (in addition to email) to help with buy and sell timing?  It wouldn't have to be that long or involved and could be a short hand version of the coming email.  Still continue with the email but a text would be faster when the trigger needs to be pulled.
Quote 0 0
AbovetheGreenLine
Bilgerat wrote:
Admin, How about sending out a text (in addition to email) to help with buy and sell timing?  It wouldn't have to be that long or involved and could be a short hand version of the coming email.  Still continue with the email but a text would be faster when the trigger needs to be pulled.

No problem, Bilgerat.  Your account was originally set up for email only, but I will send you a private email, as we need your cell phone carrier name for texts.

Anyone else wanting texts that are not receiving them, please email advisor@abovethegreenline.com

ALSO FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

for instant notifications on your smart phone @AboveGreenLine

Be sure to click on the wheel & click:

Turn on mobile notifications.
Twitterfollow.JPG 

Quote 0 0