begger
What criteria would you suggest for picking call options for a short to medium term swing trader? (Not day trader). I have been using the following:
  1.)  1 -2 strikes ITM
  2.)  Open interest >100
  3.)  Delta .65 to .90
  4.)  1 - 2 months out
  5.)  Spreads < .60
I use AGL almost exclusively for choosing candidates. It's been working well and I appreciate your work.
Any further advice in narrowing down the "best" option would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Quote 0 0
AbovetheGreenLine
Looks like a great plan!

Just try to avoid the time premium, by staying in the money... Unfortunately the deep in the money have no liquidity.

Follow your Rules!

And Thank you!
Good trading, and tell your friends!
Quote 0 0
duriocell
hi begger,
just like you, i like to use options unless low volume or wide spread
may i know if ATGL strategies still working for options trading?

thanks!
Quote 0 0
AbovetheGreenLine
New member Les writes" 

In my first week I have completed two trades using your identified movers. On the first one I used a debit LEAP call spread (BA) and achieved a 3.7% gain. The second one was a debit call option (JD) and achieved a 19% gain. Once I am more comfortable with the system I may try to couple a put credit spread with the call option to determine if I can improve yield for the money wave coming out of the Green Zone.

I have several questions

1. Is anyone else using options rather than buying the stock? How are they using them? Are they successful?Can the system determine if the movement of the price is more likely to drop from the red zone down to the green zone rather than just a bounce and back in to the Red Zone? 
      Can the system determine if the movement of the price is more likely to drop from the red zone down to the green zone rather than just a bounce and back in to the Red Zone? "

ANY HELP OUT THERE FOR LES?

Good trading, and tell your friends!
Quote 0 0